[rabbitmq-discuss] basic.reject

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 02:01:19 GMT 2009

Hi Mathias,

> Btw, the reason we haven't implemented basic.reject yet is the following
> part of its specification: "The server MUST NOT deliver the message to the
> same client within the context of the current channel." That requires a
> whole bunch of extra book keeping and logic.

That makes sense (the extra book keeping logic). It puts the onus on
the consumer to tear down the AMQP connection or re-publish the
message. On a consumer that is encountering issues why it can't
successfully acknowledge the message (local issues), you've got to be
careful how you handle re-connects on a teardown, so you don't enter
an overly fast re-connect loop and overload Rabbit with reconnect
expense.

-J