[rabbitmq-discuss] method-like calls

Michael Greene michael.greene at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 15:10:50 BST 2009

We currently use Apache Thrift for this, and have had success with it over
the past year of use.  Some others have mentioned using Protobufs on the
mailing list.  JSON is also an alternative.  Thrift and Protobufs both
require code generation, but have a more compact representation and faster
serialization / deserialization because of it.  JSON is human-readable and
still quite compact compared to alternatives like XML serialization.
Michael