[rabbitmq-discuss] method-like calls

Jim Irrer irrer at umich.edu
Tue Aug 18 14:57:51 BST 2009

Hi -

We are replacing much of our SOAP infrastructure with AMQP, and
one problem we are looking at is how to wrap an AMQP call so that
it has a nice programming interface.  Basically we want to serialize
an object on one side and de-serialize on the other side, and do it
in a language independent way (we use Java C#, and C++).

I am looking at REST (Representational State Transfer), XML-RPC,
and possibly JSON-RPC.  Ideally we would like something that
automatically does the serialization/de-serialization or generates
code that does it.

Has anyone found a technology that they like?

Thanks,

- Jim

Jim Irrer     irrer at umich.edu       (734) 647-4409
University of Michigan Hospital Radiation Oncology
519 W. William St.             Ann Arbor, MI 48103