[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ + Stomp under FC9

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Thu Apr 30 18:25:40 BST 2009

Hi David,

What you describe is really odd -- and unfortunately, it actually works
OK for me:

hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-codegen
hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server
hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-stomp
(cd rabbitmq-codegen; hg up rabbitmq_v1_5_3)
(cd rabbitmq-server; hg up rabbitmq_v1_5_3)
(cd rabbitmq-stomp; hg up rabbitmq_v1_5_3)
make -C rabbitmq-server
make -C rabbitmq-stomp run

Then in another terminal,
rabbitmq-stomp/examples/perl/rabbitmq_stomp_recv.pl.

Then in another terminal, every call I make to
rabbitmq-stomp/examples/perl/rabbitmq_stomp_send.pl makes "testmessage"
appear on the console running the _recv.pl script.

It's especially odd that you can connect and everything seems to run
fine. Is there anything interesting in the rabbit.log file?

(Also worth checking: did you run the receiver before running the
sender? I think (?) the receiver needs to be running at the time the
sender runs)

Regards,
  Tony