[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP Administration

Colin Z theczintheroc2007 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 16:58:13 BST 2009

I'm wondering if there are any administration functions built into AMQP 0-8.
For example, is it possible for a client to get a list of exchanges, queues,
users, virtual hosts, etc directly from the server?

I'm interested in extending a winform app I have so that I can do remote
and/or GUI-based administation.

I know there's rabbitmqctl.bat and rabbit_control.erl but in order to use
that remotely or from a winform, I think I'd need to write a separate Erlang
application that accepts remote connections and proxies calls to the
rabbit_control module.

Just wondering if there's anything more directly available (like in mySQL
where I can log in as an admin and get a list of databases, etc)