[rabbitmq-discuss] Direct vs Topic Exchange (1:1 and 1:M Chat)

Sunny Dyal sunny.dyal at gmail.com
Fri May 23 08:26:26 BST 2014

We have have tested 1:1 and 1:M chat with amq.topic (used for
Publish/Subscribe messaging) on multiple nodes multiple sessions and it
works. We are thinking to use direct exchange for 1:1. I have doubt "how
this will work on multiple nodes multiple sessions" What do you suggest for
followings?

1. is it ok to use topic exchange for 1:1 and 1:M chat considering multiple
nodes and multiple session of each user?
2. What do you say about efficiency of topic because we have 10000+
increasing users day by day?

Kind Regards

Sunny Dyal