[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq and cpp

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri May 16 14:48:59 BST 2014

On 12/05/14 02:05, Full Name wrote:
> I am new to RabbitMQ and to AMQP in general. I didn't find a
> forum/mailing list for general AMQP questions. Just a forum at
> amqp.org, but that is kind of dead. I want to exchange messages
> between Java and c++ applications. The Java tutorials for rabbitmq
> were easy, but the c++ client is really hard to build.

By "c++ client" are you referring to
https://github.com/alanxz/SimpleAmqpClient ? What specifically did you
find hard about the build process? Alan, the author, is on this mailing
list and I am sure he'd welcome "constructive criticism" :)

> I watched a couple of amqp videos and it is always mentioned that
> amqp is a wire protocol just like http, and that that is a big plus
> (I agree). So why is there a need for a rabbitmq cpp client and a
> Apache qpid client etc. in the first place? Why isn't there only one
> generic amqp cpp client?

Two reasons:

- there are several versions of the protocol; different clients support
different versions

- there are many ways of exposing AMQP functionality to applications;
different clients provide different API

Regards,

Matthias