[rabbitmq-discuss] Questions on how to handle message reliability.

Neha Kansal kansalneha28 at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 19:42:41 BST 2014

Hi,

I have been reading about all the different features available to make sure that the message is not lost. I have some questions about the same:
- If I use publisher confirms and waitForConfirms, would the broker hold off on delivering the message to the consumer until ack has been sent to the publisher?

- If a publisher receives a nack (i.e. waitForConfirms returns a false), the publisher code has to handle retry publishing by itself as many times as it want to in a loop or is there any config/setup in RabbitMQ that helps with republishing?
- How do I check the redelivery flag in the consumer code?

Thanks.