[rabbitmq-discuss] Heatbeat configuration

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Sat May 3 09:18:31 BST 2014

On 02/05/14 17:21, Jorg Eloy wrote:
> Or how I can make that the timeout expire and the heartbeat works
> closing the connection?
>
> I have proved with SetRequestedHeartbeat in the declaration of the
> factory in the java client,
> making a inactive connection but it's is not dropping and It's not closed.

I think you are mis-understanding what heartbeats are for. See the
'Heartbeats' section in
https://www.rabbitmq.com/reliability.html#connection-failures

i.e. the purpose of heartbeats is to detect and prevent tcp-level
connection failure. So they are quite the opposite of dropping inactive
connections. If that is what you want to do then you'll have to
implement the logic for that yourself in your application.

Matthias.