[rabbitmq-discuss] Retrieve N messages from queue?

Scott McFadden scott.kendall.mcfadden at gmail.com
Fri May 2 23:05:11 BST 2014

Is it possible to look at the queue size in rabbit MQ from client code?  Is
it possible to pop multiple messages off the queue at the same time? I have
a queue full of error messages that needs to periodically be emailed to a
given list of people.   Don't necessarily want to send an email for each
message as the rate of errors could occasionally be quite high resulting in
email spam and pressure on the mail server.  Was thinking I could
periodically poll a rabbit queue and send one email every 5 minutes where
each email could contain N messages from RabbitMQ.  Please advise.

thanks

scott