[rabbitmq-discuss] Any Issues With Running an Older Client with a Newer Server?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu May 1 17:28:22 BST 2014

On 01/05/14 17:11, Dallas, Ian wrote:
> Would using this 3.2.4 client with a server version of 3.3.x cause any
> issues?

No.

> Does RabbitMQ server usually (always?) maintain compatibility
> with older clients?

Yes, at least as far as the wire protocol is concerned.

There may be semantic differences between versions, see
http://www.rabbitmq.com/blog/2014/04/02/breaking-things-with-rabbitmq-3-3/
for example. We obviously try to minimise these, but we can't eliminate
them without becoming completely static or covered in a mass of
compatibility-mode scar tissue.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen