[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ join_cluster error

Kevin Behr behrk2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 18:38:45 GMT 2014

Hi Simon,

I am running the latest version of RabbitMQ: {rabbit,"RabbitMQ","3.2.4"}

You're right about the Erlang versions (see below).  It's weird - I had
initially dismissed this possibility because I installed RabbitMQ on two
brand new Amazon EC2 server instances within one minute of each other
today, using the same installation method.  I don't know why one would
differ from the other.

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 (64-bit).  I just tried completely removing
RabbitMQ and all of its dependencies on each server instance and
re-installing (according to the instructions here:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/install-debian.html), and the Erlang version
mismatch remains!

How do I update R14B04 to R16B01?

*rabbit1:*
{erlang_version,
     "Erlang R16B01 (erts-5.10.2) [source] [64-bit] [async-threads:30]
[kernel-poll:true]\n"}

*rabbit2:*
{erlang_version,
     "Erlang R14B04 (erts-5.8.5) [source] [64-bit] [rq:1]