[rabbitmq-discuss] Rejecting messages if incorrect build number

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Mar 21 15:14:42 GMT 2014

On 21/03/2014 2:58PM, Patrick Long wrote:
> When it did not it the consumer could call Basic.Reject. Perhaps this is
> not quite what the AMQP spec intended for the use of Basic.Reject but it
> seems like a practical use.
>
> What do others think?

Seems perfectly reasonable as long as your intention is to discard v1
messages rather than send them to v1 consumers.

(The spec says "The client MUST NOT use [basic.reject] as a means of
selecting messages to process" but I think they had the latter type of
scenario in mind.)

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen