[rabbitmq-discuss] FW: RabbitMQ 3.2.4 crashes - std_alloc: Cannot allocate 1125562100111744 bytes of memory (of type "arg_reg")

Oskar Liljeblad oskar at osk.mine.nu
Wed Mar 19 08:28:27 GMT 2014

On Wednesday, March 19, 2014 at 09:51, Oskar Liljeblad wrote:
> > The error likely occurs *while* rabbit is trying to write some debug
> > information. In other words, something went wrong, rabbit tries to write
> > debug info, and it's the writing of the debug info that then produces
> > the error you are seeing.
> >
> > So there are two problems here: 1) the one that caused the debug
> > information to be written, 2) the one that causes the writing of the
> > debug information to produce an error.
> >
> > You didn't answer my question whether there was anything noteworthy in
> > the logs. I am hoping that might help identify (1).
>
> I have parsed and checked the logs, and there is no interesting message
> prior to crash. The only messages I see are 'accepting AMQP connection'
> and 'closing AMQP connection' messages prior to the crashes.

Btw, I found a number of errors like the following one in rabbit@*-sasl.log:

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 18-Mar-2014::21:08:44 ===
     Supervisor: {<0.21116.20>,
                                           rabbit_channel_sup_sup}
     Context:    shutdown_error
     Reason:     shutdown
     Offender:   [{nb_children,1},
                  {name,channel_sup},
                  {mfargs,{rabbit_channel_sup,start_link,[]}},
                  {restart_type,temporary},
                  {shutdown,infinity},
                  {child_type,supervisor}]

Not sure if they are important or not.