[rabbitmq-discuss] Heartbeat timeout

Jason McIntosh mcintoshj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 04:05:35 GMT 2014

It sounds (if I understand your process right) like you're client is
shutting things down as it hasn't received a heartbeat response back from
the server.  Which at a guess could be something in the middle closing
things down.  This is just a wild guess - try changing your heartbeat to
like 30 seconds (I'm assuming the .net client supports this).  I'd also be
careful about thread blocking issues as well.  Just a few guesses - and
nothing else, there's always tcpdump and ethereal :)

Jason

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Justin Biddle <justinbiddle at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I was wondering if there was anyone who could help with an error I get
> when running rabbit.
>

> The error is as follows
>

> {AMQP close-reason, initiated by Library, code=0, text="End of stream",
> classId=0, methodId=0, cause=System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Heartbeat
> missing with heartbeat == 600 seconds}
>

> We are running the .net rabbit client and this error causes the
> HandleModelShutdown event to run.
>

> As far as I can tell we're running a pretty standard setup for the
> consumer.
>

> The consumer extracts csv files from the database. In most cases this
> works fine however with large files that take a long time to extact this
> eventually happens. It usually occurs around 30 minutes although this
> varies even if extracting the same file each time.
>

> I have tried adjusting the timeout and heartbeat settings but to no avail.

> Cheers
>

> Justin Biddle

Jason McIntosh
https://github.com/jasonmcintosh/