[rabbitmq-discuss] Heartbeat timeout

Justin Biddle justinbiddle at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 17:31:49 GMT 2014

Hi,

I was wondering if there was anyone who could help with an error I get when
running rabbit.

The error is as follows

{AMQP close-reason, initiated by Library, code=0, text="End of stream",
classId=0, methodId=0, cause=System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Heartbeat
missing with heartbeat == 600 seconds}

We are running the .net rabbit client and this error causes the
HandleModelShutdown event to run.

As far as I can tell we’re running a pretty standard setup for the consumer.

The consumer extracts csv files from the database. In most cases this works
fine however with large files that take a long time to extact this
eventually happens. It usually occurs around 30 minutes although this
varies even if extracting the same file each time.

I have tried adjusting the timeout and heartbeat settings but to no avail.

Cheers

Justin Biddle