[rabbitmq-discuss] absolute message counts

Dmitry Andrianov dmitry.andrianov at alertme.com
Mon Mar 17 18:15:41 GMT 2014

Hello.
Is there a way to get absolute message counters (instead of rates) from
RabbitMQ?
I am thinking of creating a script which takes that value every minute
and saves into some sort of time series database.

It is very easy to derive rates from absolute values but it is tricky to
do the opposite...

(I would need number of messages published on an exchange, and delivered
from a queue to consumers)

Thanks

This email is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or distribute this email without the
author's prior permission. AlertMe.com Ltd. is not responsible for any personal views expressed
in this message or any attachments that are those of the individual sender.

AlertMe.com Ltd, 30 Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2RE, UK.
Registered in England, Company number 578 2908, VAT registration number GB 895 9914 42.