[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Cluster

Jayashree jaishreegn at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 16:51:05 GMT 2014

The rabbitmq cluster I build are on Ubuntu. But if for nothing.. Here is what I would make sure are available for rabbitmq to cluster.
1. /etc/hosts must be edited to include host names and ip's of nodes you are trying to form cluster
2. Ensure .erlang.cookie is same on all nodes
(This will be a random auto generated string when rabbitmq is installed) so edit it to have a common erang cookie across nodes
3. Edit rabbitmq config file to have the cluster nodes
4. Once you have the above steps done
Delete amnesia folder( this May or may not be required)
Restart service
Stop_app
Reset
Start_app

This should mostly work. As I have seen the exact error you have before and those steps mostly work.
You will find the steps in the rabbitmq cluster documentation page too.
Hope that helps!

Jayashree