[rabbitmq-discuss] Reject persistent messages on a specific queue

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Sun Mar 9 08:56:51 GMT 2014

On 7 Mar 2014, at 20:32, Giovanni Foiani <giovanni.foiani at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to know if is possible to force a queue to accept only non persistent messages and reject persistent ones.

No.

> I'm asking this because I read that persistent messages reduce RabbitMQ performace and I want to prevent clients to persist messages on specific queues.

You’ll have to enforce this in your clients.

I’d recommend running some benchmarks before you decide to not use persistent messages.
The difference may be not significant enough for your workload or not as important as preserving
messages between node restarts.

MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ