[rabbitmq-discuss] federation Issues

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jun 30 11:12:23 BST 2014

On 27/06/14 17:23, Ganann, Kale wrote:
> Update - we renamed the cluster to something meaningful and deleted
> all the dynamic objects so there were absolutely no artifacts left
> over.  We've got three vHosts with queues bound to e.fed.topic and
> the same routing key.  If I publish to the e.fed.topic on fed with
> that key, all three get it.  If I publish on vHost a, vHost b
> sometimes gets it, but not everytime, vHost c does not.  Similarly,
> we can publish to b, and sometimes a gets it, c does not.  Nothing
> published to c shows up anywhere else.

This certainly should work.

However, it's notable that changes to the cluster name are not picked up
by federation until the server is restarted. That's not ideal; I'll file
a bug to fix that.

If that is not the cause of your issue, then please post (or send me)
the output of "rabbitmqctl report" and I'll see if I can spot any config
issues.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen