[rabbitmq-discuss] After upgrade to 3.3.3 rabbitmq-server failing to start

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Thu Jun 19 21:18:13 BST 2014

On 20 June 2014 at 00:05:49, Karl Jackson (isskjj at gmail.com) wrote:
> > The output is comparable to what is in the startup-log and startup-err:
>
> {"init terminating in do_boot",badarg}
>
> Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
> init terminating in do_boot (badarg)

the crash dump suggests the VM is running with odd startup flags:

[async-threads:0] [kernel-poll:false]

0 I/O threads sounds problematic. Can something be overriding
RABBITMQ_SERVER_ERL_ARGS? Did you mean to append flags to it?

Please run printenv RABBITMQ_SERVER_ERL_ARGS as effective RabbitMQ
user and post the output.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ