[rabbitmq-discuss] debug logging

Dmitry Andrianov dmitry.andrianov at alertme.com
Thu Jun 19 17:50:09 BST 2014

Hi.
I already asked this question some time ago, but I hope something might
have changed since then )

I could not find an "official" way to do any kind of logging in RabbitMQ
plug-in in a way so I can have it on on development box but turn it off
on a live server.

I used rabbit_log:info for that. And now I am checking what other people
do (on the github). And it looks like everyone is using io:format which
they comment out before making the final build. So the deployed version
does not have any logging in it and if something goes wrong, you cannot
just enable debug and collect the evidences.

Doesn't it make sense to introduce a more flexible logging facilities
everyone could use?

Cheers
This email is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or distribute this email without the
author's prior permission. AlertMe.com Ltd. is not responsible for any personal views expressed
in this message or any attachments that are those of the individual sender.

AlertMe.com Ltd, 30 Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2RE, UK.
Registered in England, Company number 578 2908, VAT registration number GB 895 9914 42.