[rabbitmq-discuss] Reliability and Publisher Confirms...

Shadi Mari shadimari at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 15:23:34 BST 2014

Hello,

Speaking of persistent queues and reliability, I am aware that in order to
increase rabbitmq reliability level, publisher confirms need to be enabled
in order to tell exactly when messages are delivered/persisted. However, am
not sure of how rabbitmq behaves where there are outstanding confirms/acks
not yet received by the publisher and the connection between the publisher
and the broker is broken. I am under the assumption that rabbitmq does not
redeliver the acks when the connection is available again and it discards
messages with undelivered acks to publisher, Is this assumption correct? In
case Yes, does this mean i will have to track in memory all outstanding
publish requests with no confirmations and re-publish them when the
connection is available? I am afraid this might create a reliability hole.

Thank you,