[rabbitmq-discuss] Dual domain ldap configuration

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jun 3 10:00:47 BST 2014

I'm afraid that's not possible; we assume one LDAP configuration.

So you could connect two clusters with shovel / federation. Other things
you could do, of varying degrees of hackishness:

* Use a single cluster, with different nodes of the cluster configured
to talk to different LDAP servers (nothing says all cluster nodes need
to have the same auth setup). Clients would need to know which node to
connect to obviously.

* Create a patched clone of the LDAP plugin called
rabbit_auth_backend_ldap2 or whatever, and configure "both" plugins
seperately.

* Create an LDAP proxy which talks to both LDAP servers. A quick Google
suggests that OpenLDAP with back-ldap and suffixmassage might be one
route to do this.

Cheers, Simon