[rabbitmq-discuss] Revert RabbitMq from 3.3.0 to 3.2.4

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jun 2 10:40:46 BST 2014

On 02/06/2014 6:13AM, Neeraj.Chaudhary wrote:
> To validate and map what’s going wrong in 3.3.0 I would like to revert
> rabbitmq to 3.2.4 and see if same configuration works there or not. Can
> someone guide me how can I revert to 3.2.4?

RabbitMQ doesn't support version downgrades while keeping persistent
storage. I'm assuming since this is a testing server that's not a big deal.

So you need to downgrade your installation (obviously how you do this
depends on how you installed it) and then delete the database base
directory (again depends how you installed it, typically
/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia on Unix but look at
http://www.rabbitmq.com/relocate.html).

Alternatively (if you're on Unix and have installed through RPMs / debs)
it might be easier to stop the 3.3.0 server, download the generic Unix
tarball for 3.2.4 and unpack and run it from your home directory.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal