[rabbitmq-discuss] Confirmation IDs

Nagy, Attila bra at fsn.hu
Sun Jul 27 12:53:23 BST 2014

Hi,

According to https://www.rabbitmq.com/confirms.html:
"Once a channel is in confirm mode, both the broker and the client count
messages (counting starts at 1 on the first confirm.select)."

Which seems to be easy for the first sight, but I think it may
unnecessarily increase complexity on the client side.

My case: I process a file, containing multiple records. I do this in a
FIFO manner: reading the file from its head towards its tail, sending
each record with AMQP and waiting for confirms.
The problem here is that I have to keep a local delivery tag to file
pointer table, so I know which delivery tag means which file pointer.

I think it would be much easier and flexible if the confirmation system
would allow data to be "inherited" from the original message, like its
properties or headers.
Something like receipts in STOMP.

That way the state information would be in the broker and the client
code would be clearer.

What do you think?