[rabbitmq-discuss] Windows server 2012 config file not found

Greg Woodbury woodbury.greg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 16:10:26 BST 2014

I am running rabbitmq on windows server 2012 and am running into a problem
where rabbitmq seems to be unable to locate my config file. The log
suggests that it is looking in the correct directory for the file, but is
not being found. I would normally think that this is a permissions issue,
but the logs are being found and written to in a subdirectory from where
the config file resides. Below is the log snippet showing the error and I
have attached a screenshot with the config file sitting in the same
directory.

=INFO REPORT==== 16-Jul-2014::10:51:39 ===
node           : rabbit@{server}
home dir       : C:\Windows
config file(s) : c:/Users/{user}/AppData/Roaming/RabbitMQ/rabbitmq.config
(not found)