[rabbitmq-discuss] default_user vs definitions

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jul 8 16:19:45 BST 2014

On 08/07/2014 4:02PM, Dmitry Andrianov wrote:
> 1. The fact default_user is ignored - is it a feature or a bug?

Feature. If you are using the management load-definitions feature then
it's assumed you don't also want to be defining some other things elsewhere.

http://www.rabbitmq.com/management.html#load-definitions says:

> However, if you start from a completely reset broker, use of this
> option will prevent the usual default user / virtual host /
> permissions from being created.

> 2. is there any way to supply plaintext passwords with definitions JSON?

Yes, just change the "password_hash" key to "password" to provide
passwords in plaintext.

(This also works for PUT /api/users/{whoever}.)

> 3. Any other approach I should consider instead?

Hopefully the above will work for you.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen