[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq File descriptor , socket descritor and memory

sagu prf sagu.prf1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 04:27:46 BST 2014

Hi Team ,

We are  publishing non-persistent messages to rabbitmq whether these
paged messages are written to disk (mnesia db ) or it should use swap
space .

it seems rabbitmq not using Swap space ?

rabbitmq at rabbitmq1$ free -m
Mem:         24576      12175      12400          0        735       1252
-/+ buffers/cache:      10187      14388
Swap:        12255          7      12248
rabbitmq at rabbitmq1$

Memory 7.8GB  - backlog messages

Paging(?) .

 4,537,909 / 5,056,437 msg (in RAM / total)
RAM target: 9,158,043 msg

It seems the rabbitmq paged out  (non-persistent messages ) to  mnesia database)

mnesia/rabbit at rabbitmq1$ du -sh *

4.0K cluster_nodes.config

4.0K DECISION_TAB.LOG

4.0K LATEST.LOG