[rabbitmq-discuss] shovel with authentization

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jan 29 11:01:53 GMT 2014

In the URI's you're asking the shovel to connect on (i.e., "amqps://guest:guest@Server1" and "amqps://guest:guest@Server2"), do the "Server1" and "Server2" portions refer to both the correct IP address *and* the correct port on which those RabbitMQ instances are listening for SSL connections? Your java code connects to 5671, which is typically the non-ssl port. If the shovel is trying to establish SSL connections (which is what the "amqps://" prefix means) on the wrong port, it will fail. I'd expect to see something in the logs though.

Cheers,
Tim