[rabbitmq-discuss] Troubleshooting reject with requeue

Kelly Davis kldavis4 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 17:57:56 GMT 2014

I am running Rabbitmq 2.8.1 with mirrored queues.

I have an application that runs periodically to process messages in a
queue. When processing a message fails, the application rejects the message
with requeue = true. On subsequent executions of the application, the
rejected message doesn't get processed and appears to have been dropped
completely instead of re-queued.

I am not able to replicate this behavior in my dev environment but I am
stumped as to how to troubleshoot further in production. Any suggestions?