[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 3.2.3 released

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Sun Jan 26 20:39:28 GMT 2014

On 26/01/14 19:30, carlhoerberg wrote:
> We upgraded one node in a 3.2.1 cluster (Erlang R16B02) to 3.2.3 but now a
> couple of clients have connecting problems.
>
> Some .NET clients report:
>
> AMQP server protocol negotiation failure: server version unknown-unknown,
> client version 0-9
>
> And py-amqp clients just timeout.
>
> Also, the server log is filled with:
>
> error on AMQP connection <0.27782.81>: {ssl_upgrade_error,closed} (unknown
> POSIX error)
>
> But the clients above haven't used AMQPS.

This has all the hallmarks of plain AMQP connections being made on the
AMQPS port.

Doesn't look like a rabbit problem to me, or anything to do with the
version upgrade. I'd suspect it's a config problem (e.g. the rabbit
listener ports are configured with amqps on a port that is meant for
amqp) or an issue with a proxy (similar ssl/non-ssl port mixup there),
or the apps (ditto).

Matthias.