[rabbitmq-discuss] Message order of delivery

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Sun Jan 26 17:22:37 GMT 2014

just a minor correction...

On 26/01/14 17:13, Jesper Louis Andersen wrote:
> Example: We deliver messages to the queue Q and we have a single
> subscriber S1.
>
> Message delivery will be made in order to S1. Unless precisely this happens:
>
> * S1 rejects a message which puts it back in the end of the queue

That's what rabbits older than 2.7.0 did. From
http://www.rabbitmq.com/semantics.html#ordering
<quote>
"From RabbitMQ release 2.7.0, messages are always held in the queue in
publication order, even in the presence of requeueing or channel closure."
</quote>

You can still get re-ordering though even then, since requeued messages
end up "behind" messages alright in flight to the consuming client (or
sitting in that client's buffers).

Matthias.