[rabbitmq-discuss] [rabbitmq-stomp] Is the use of receipt header for SUBSCRIBE still recommended?

Michael Justin michael.justin at gmx.net
Fri Jan 24 11:18:37 GMT 2014

Hello,

following the suggestions in a thread of 2011, I have implemented a
'wait for receipt' in my Stomp library for RabbitMQ. This was a
workaround based on the asynchronous processing of SUBSCRIBE frames on
the broker which could cause loss of messages which have been sent after
the SUBSCRIBE, but before the broker finished its processing:

"[2.4.0] random message loss with Stomp and topics?"
http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2011-April/012470.html

The suggested way to guarantee that a SUBSCRIBE has finished was to
provide a receipt: header and then wait for the receipt.

Has there been a change in the RabbitMQ STOMP plug-in since, which makes
this workaround obsolete, or is it still recommended to use a receipt?

Many thanks in advance
--
Michael Justin
habarisoft - Enterprise Messaging Software for Delphi