[rabbitmq-discuss] Question about message priority

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Fri Jan 24 11:02:51 GMT 2014

On 24 Jan 2014, at 14:40, Varsha Dashputre <varsha_dashputre at persistent.co.in> wrote:

> Is there a plan to support those?

There is but there is no timeline.

> We are using rabbit MQ and need support for at least 2 level priority for messages.
>
> We want to avoid using slow track and fast track queue. ( 2 queues ).

Can you explain why? If you primarily want messages from the “fast” queue be consumed
without waiting for all the “slow” queue or you want that if there’s at least one “fast” message
enqueued, all “slow” message processing stops until there are no more “fast” ones?

In the former case, you can simply use two queues and two consumers on separate channels.

MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ