[rabbitmq-discuss] Odd performance testing result

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Fri Jan 24 09:15:59 GMT 2014

On 24 Jan 2014, at 11:38, Michael Klishin <mklishin at gopivotal.com> wrote:

> If you have 50 or even 90 cores and want to achieve max throughput, use more queues (e.g. as many as you have cores).

Oops, I did not notice the # of cores in your table.

Can you clarify a few things?

 * How do you run your benchmarks. Do you use PerfTest [1]?
 * What’s the average message size?
 * Are you sure messages are always routed?
 * Do you see messages piling up in the queues?
 * Can you post ps aux | grep beam output? (this will display Erlang VM flags)

1. http://www.rabbitmq.com/java-tools.html
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ