[rabbitmq-discuss] Odd performance testing result

Huang Tonglang tlhuang at 800best.com
Fri Jan 24 04:28:54 GMT 2014

Hi there

My test result list below. The odd thing is why performance of machine-2 is worse than machine-3?

Target machine

Configuration

performance-persistence

performance-nonpersistence

machine-1

physical machine
SSD
32 cpu cores(Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v2 @ 2.60GHz)
64G Memory

22000

24000

machine-2

vmware machine
ssd
8 cpu cores,
24G Memory
The based physical machine is the same as machine-1, and it is the only vmware machine there.

6000

16000

machine-3

vmware machine
sas
4 cpu cores(Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 2.0GHz)
8G Memory.
The performance of based physical machine is worse than machine-1.

12000

13000

The test client is the same, 5 queues, 5 producers and 10 consumer each queue. The version of Rabbitmq is 3.2.2.

 I have tried below testing, but the result is the same.

1.       Clone the whole machine-3 to machine2

2.       Save mnesia to SAS disk

3.       Save mnesia to /dev/shm

During testing, I find the cpu us of machine-3 can reach to 90, but it is only about 50 in machine-2. It seems the message persistence stage in machine-2 is very slow. Can someone help me to figure out why.

Thank you

Tonglang Huang