[rabbitmq-discuss] Not able to get ssl working with rabbitMQ server

Ceri Storey ceri at lshift.net
Wed Jan 22 13:42:53 GMT 2014

(22/01/14 10:59), Kausik Chattopadhyay wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for the input. However, I checked that the file exists and
> "rabbitmq:rabbitmq" is the owner.
The rabbitmq user needs to have permissions to access the *entire* path.
So, usually /root only allows root to access items within that directory
(the rather bizarrely chosen "executable" permission on the directory).
Try running "sudo -u rabbitmq namei /root/testca/cacert.pem" to see this
in action. It's probably more sensible however to put the certificate
somewhere under /etc, eg: /etc/rabbitmq or similar.