[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq config reload

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jan 21 21:28:50 GMT 2014

On 21/01/2014 19:19, Andrew M. wrote:
> Is this possible to reload config/shovel config without restarting whole
> rabbitmq service?

No, there's no built in support for reloading the config I'm afraid.

You might be able to build some "rabbitmqctl eval" command line that
stops the shovel app, reloads the config and starts the app up again. I
haven't heard of anybody making that work though.

You can also run shovels in an entirely separate broker (i.e. making
remote network connections to both source and desitnation brokers).
Restarting such a broker is then less disruptive.

This will change in 3.3.0 (and is already available in the nightlies) -
you can manage shovels in the same way as federation works at the moment
(with rabbitmqctl / management) - see
http://next.rabbitmq.com/shovel-dynamic.html for more details.

Cheers, Simon