[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ API - aliveness-test

Jason McIntosh mcintoshj at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 15:37:24 GMT 2014

One question on that MK - if I understand the policy declarations right, if
there's an HA policy that matches all queues, that means that the
TestAliveness queue would automatically get mirrored wouldn't it and so
would also be testing the other nodes?  Also, is the message durable and
published with publisher confirms?

Thanks,
Jason

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 12:15 AM, Michael Klishin <mklishin at gopivotal.com>wrote:

> On 21 Jan 2014, at 02:08, Arun Rao <arunrao.seattle at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What are the possible status values for aliveness-test?
>
> 200 and "everything else".
>
> > aliveness-test for a vhost checks for the vhost health on the node or at
> a cluster level?
>
> Aliveness test creates a new connection to the node you contact, declares
> a queue (which is not mirrored),
> publishes a message so that it is routed there, then consumes the message
> using basic.get.
> Other cluster nodes are not involved.
>
> MK
>
> Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ