[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMq server getting ConnectionTimedout

Arun Rao arunrao.seattle at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 22:30:07 GMT 2014

from your RabbitMQ startup logs, it shows your DHCP lookup failed.

=INFO REPORT==== 20-Jan-2014::20:57:55 ===
started TCP Listener on [::]:5672

=INFO REPORT==== 20-Jan-2014::20:57:55 ===
started TCP Listener on 0.0.0.0:5672

=INFO REPORT==== 20-Jan-2014::20:57:55 ===
Server startup complete; 0 plugins started.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/0.0.0.0

You can do netstat to see if RabbitMQ is listening.

Thanks!