[rabbitmq-discuss] Send HTTP request and get response using RabbitMQ

McIntosh Jason mcintoshj at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 06:23:25 GMT 2014

As I think has been stated RabbitMQ is an amqp server.  Just like you have web and http servers - http, FTP, amqp are protocols.  And amqp is not http nor is it an extension of http.  So if you want to publish to a remote system you can have an application running on a web server that uses one of various libraries to publish to rabbit.  Then a separate process can read those messages for processing either in sending a call to a remote http API, publishing through FTP or ssh or heck just about any protocol.

I'd highly recommend looking at the fundamentals of tcp/ip, http, FTP and other servers and how they work,

Jason

Sent from my iPhone