[rabbitmq-discuss] badarg in dict, fetch problem on basic.consume_ok (or not)

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jan 15 10:59:29 GMT 2014

On 15/01/14 10:53, Blake-R wrote:
> OK. But as I'm wrote with graphics server still serve other requests -
> just with memory grow. I'm looked at list connections/queues and
> others with rabbitmqctl - it all in good values, not overflow (I'm
> already has bug with non-closing channels and fix them).

The illegal command sequence will result in the Erlang process
representing the AMQP channel dying - which is what the error report you
posted indicates. That in turn will cause the associated connection to
be closed, which too is shown in the error report.

Other than that rabbit will continue to function normally. The memory
growth you are seeing is presumably due to messages accumulating in
queues since their consuming channels have crashed due to the above problem.

Matthias.