[rabbitmq-discuss] Using x-max-length custom header with STOMP adapter

Matthew Holt matthew.holt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 17:23:56 GMT 2014

I'm attempting to connect to subscribe to a queue using this STOMP library
for Go: https://github.com/jjeffery/stomp -- but the codes below are
through a raw telnet session, for debugging purposes.

I have a queue on my localhost (RabbitMQ 3.2.1) called "test" with a max
length of 50. The CONNECT frames work fine:

CONNECT
host:/
accept-version:1.0,1.1,1.2
heart-beat:60000,60000
login:guest
passcode:guest
x-max-length:50

^@
CONNECTED
session:session-KH4hELNLLx-xiyFZQhyUcQ
heart-beat:60000,60000
server:RabbitMQ/3.2.1
version:1.0

But when I attempt to SUBSCRIBE to "test", I get this error (I've included
my TX frame and the response RX frame):

SUBSCRIBE
id:1
ack:client
destination:/queue/test

^@

ERROR
message:precondition_failed
content-type:text/plain
version:1.0,1.1,1.2
content-length:143

PRECONDITION_FAILED - inequivalent arg 'x-max-length'for queue 'test' in
vhost '/': received none but current is the value '50' of type 'long'
Connection closed by foreign host.

But notice that I *have* specified the x-max-length header in the CONNECT
frame. I've also tried putting the header in SUBSCRIBE just to see...

Is this a bug in the RabbitMQ STOMP adapter or am I doing something wrong?