[rabbitmq-discuss] Consumer Priorities in Python

Alex L buzz42j at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 17:17:02 GMT 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to implement Consumer Priorities into a test program in Python,
similar to what is going on in here:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/blog/2013/12/16/using-consumer-priorities-with-rabbitmq/#more-489(which
the example is done in Java).

>From looking at the code that's been modified, it looks like that I need to
change the 'arguments' variable in basicConsume to be some 'x-priority'
variable. Can something similar be done in Python (perhaps using pika 0.9.8
that was used in the tutorials?), and if so how?

>From searching on the internet, I've seen that others have tried to use
multiple queues for different priorities, but that seems more like just
using a direct fanout exchange compared to this method.

Thanks
Alex