[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-c Memory-Based Flow Control API.

Alan Antonuk alan.antonuk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 06:10:22 GMT 2014

rabbitmq-c doesn't have an equivalent API that invokes a callback when a
channel is throttled.

That said, rabbitmq-c does support the connection.blocked extension (
http://www.rabbitmq.com/connection-blocked.html), you do have to do a bit
of work to get it to work:

1. You'd need to send the 'connection.blocked'=true value as a part of the
capabilities table when calling amqp_login()
2. As you're publishing you'd need to periodically watch for a
AMQP_CONNECTION_BLOCKED_METHOD (using amqp_simple_wait_frame_noblock(), and
stop publishing when you receive this messages, only resuming when you
receive a AMQP_CONNECTION_UNBLOCKED_METHOD from the broker.

Unfortunately I don't have any example code that demonstrates this at the
moment, but I'll try and put something together in the next few days. You
can track the issue here: https://github.com/alanxz/rabbitmq-c/issues/161

-Alan