[rabbitmq-discuss] Publisher confirms requires seperate call to get ack?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jan 7 17:53:10 GMT 2014

On 07/01/14 17:56, Ryan Brown wrote:
> So, question (hopefully responding to this old post is ok). When I
> receive a basic.ack, does that confirm that the message has been written
> to disk? Or is that just an ack that one of the rabbit nodes has
> accepted the publish? My SLA requires the former. One of my coworkers
> recalled seeing something that indicated a separate call to confirm the
> write to disk. (I am having a hard time finding that article at the moment.)

See http://www.rabbitmq.com/confirms.html#when

So a basic.ack confirms that the message has been written to disc
(assuming that the message got routed, and was persistent in the first
place). If mirrored queues are in use the ack will not be issued until
all mirrors have written the message.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen