[rabbitmq-discuss] flow control in rabbitmq

sandeep kumar sandy.sandeeep at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 13:56:25 GMT 2014

Hi ,

I m using rabbitmqserver v 3.2.0
Scenario 1:
I continously sent messages to rabbitMQ Server using basic publish()
without "publisher confirms".
when the memory limit is breached by the server, the connections are
getting blocked.
Even after the connections are blocked, for some interval of time, i see
publish() being successful .
Those successfully published messages which are sent after blocked
connection are neither in queue nor in rdq files

Is the message loss expected?

Scenario 2:

I continously sent messages to server using basic publish() with "publisher
confirms" for each message.
when the memory limit is breached by the server the connections are getting
blocked.
Even after the connections are blocked, for some interval of time, i see
publish() being successful .
Those successfully published messages which are sent after blocked
connection are neither in queue nor in rdq files
There is message loss and the rate of message publishing is dropping
drastically by 80 to 90 percent if we use " publisher confirms"

Is this expected?

If these  are expected behaviours, how do we avoid message loss ?