[rabbitmq-discuss] Robust zone-aware topology?

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Feb 28 15:30:58 GMT 2014

On 28/02/14 15:08, Mordy Ovits wrote:
> I don't want consumers in Miami to do New York work just because
> new_york has a queue depth of 2 while miami is quiet.

You say that but does it really cause so much of a problem that it
requires inventing an entirely new and complex way of doing things
instead of using the capability that rabbit ships with out of the box?

> I'm concerned about a-e routing loops.

Don't worry about them. They are eliminated.

> I think my alternate-exchange design accomplishes that

In your a-e design, messages that are in the auto-delete queue when the
last consumer disconnects will be lost. Is that acceptable?

Matthias.