[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ publishing is taking time

Piyush Nagar piyush.nagar at winshuttle.com
Tue Feb 25 06:27:49 GMT 2014

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I used Firehose and below are my observations:

As soon as message is published using BasicPublish method, it reaches to queue with routing key publish.exchangename immediately. But it takes time while reaching deliver.queuename queue. I am correlating all messages with correlationID in header which is a GUID and it is same.

So that means, messages are reaching to rabbitMQ but are taking time to deliver (which should not be there and messages should come to this queue also immediately). I have sufficient consumers and prefetch counts available. Also when there is increase in number of concurrent messages, this time difference increases. All the messages are binary data with some file blob.

Also, I want to mention that, using logging in my publisher, I found out that, let 20 messages are published. But using management console, I can see only 6-7 messages, all are in unacked state (we send ack only after consumption by consumer, which takes some time).

Please suggest me the path to take from here.